The Substitute Teacher supervises students in the event that the regular classroom teacher is unable to lead class. The duties include managing classroom behavior, quickly interpreting lesson plans and creating reports to inform the students’ regular teacher of their success.
Some of the Substitute Teacher’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Follow lesson plans provided by the regular teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students
- Manage the classroom effectively to encourage student participation, minimize distractions and maintain a positive learning environment
- Adapt teaching methods to fit the needs of each individual student
- Supervise students in and out of the classroom, including in the halls, on the playground and in the cafeteria
- Provide in-class and at-home assignments based on the available lesson plan
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 60 College Credit Hours. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certificate in teaching or substitute teaching.
- Prior teaching experience is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill