Under the direction of the Retail Store Manager this role will provide, direction, training, and support to other dispatch operators and truck drivers. A qualified individual will have excellent proficiency in computer applications, great interpersonal and communication skills, and an ability to quickly learn new systems and operate in a dynamic environment.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules and manages Drivers and Driver Helpers to ensure they are dispatched daily to meet customer requests and Retail Store’s operations.
- Review loads (by area) to ensure on time pick up and delivery.
- Communicate with customers on special requirements and needs of customer. Assists customers, responds and follows up with inquiries and complaints.
- Maintain good relationship with donors, to ensure repeat donations; responds to donor inquiries (by email and phone) in a courteous manner within 48 hours.
- Actively solicits new donations from local businesses.
- Manages special events which may include the coordination of staff and volunteers
- Follows post-accident procedure and files paperwork for driver accidents.
- Ensures Thank You letters are sent to donors in a within 48 hours.
- Ensures dispatch operators are trained and answer phones in a polite timely manner.
- Create and train staff who on scripts when necessary (Holidays and Closure Days).
- Monitors truck GPS System, reports any unauthorized activity to the Managers.
- Maintains all equipment in the proper working order and schedules required maintenance.
- Ensures that staff and clients are trained in the safe and proper use of all equipment.
- Provides all staff appropriate orientation and on-going training.
- Acts as liaison to other organizations that are sending Staff/Volunteers.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate site hosts, crew leaders and Staff/Volunteers for special events.
- Enters all donor data, correspondence, and online transactions into donor database on a daily basis and maintains accurate hard copy and electronic files
- Coordinates all Vehicle Donations/Transactions and collects all donor data to complete Tax Forms.
- Update and analyzes donor information to identify further opportunities. Reports findings to the development and communications teams.
- Creates acknowledgments, receipts, and notifications for donors in a within 48 hours.
- Seeks new processes to increase the efficiency and efficacy of the donor collection.
- Provide general store support, answer inquiries from the public, coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Ensure the office environment is neat and well-organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and have a working knowledge of databases, and their typical functions, proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), internet capable and possess an ethic of accountability in the workplace.
- Ability to care, respond and work with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize multi-tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Must possess social discernment to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors.
- Possess tact, diplomacy and flexibility
- Strong customer service orientation
- Have effective leadership and team building skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to present information to a group.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Degree or equivalent.
- Required: Three years’ verifiable work experience in related field (i.e. dispatch, reception, retail, clerical).
- Required: Valid Nevada Driver’s License.
- Preferred: Previous retail experience or similar industry.
- Preferred: Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Ability to lift and carry large objects such as furniture.
- Ability to stand and walk 90% of the work day.
- Ability to sit for long periods at a computer, and periodically move about the office to operate miscellaneous office equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and files.
- Ability to work varied shifts and work outside in varied temperatures as needed.