Under the direction of the ERC Production Manager the Production Assembler performs a variety of tasks in support of Opportunity Villages (OV) various production lines within the Employment Resources Center. Responsible for day to day operations associated with production to ensure successful contract execution and delivery to OV’s customers.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete packaging tasks to specification with consistent speed and accuracy.
- Ensures that production requirements and standards are met consistently.
- Make every effort to increase productivity and efficiency without compromising quality.
- Provides quality assurance: measures finished products, components, or assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, or assembly to verify adherence to functional specifications.
- Assists with counts on package reports and properly marks all containers including stenciling, labeling, etc.
- Works cooperatively to meet quotas and goals with team members and all OV community.
- Follows strict safety rules to ensure safety of all employees, clients and visitors.
- Monitors equipment to confirm proper functionality for a successful production process.
- Follows quality control procedures.
- Follows correct pattern of pallet stacking.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Must possess social perceptiveness to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors.
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and act in an appropriate and therapeutic manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Flexible schedule and willingness to work 2nd and 3rd shift preferred
- Required: Certified to pallet jack within 30 days of hire.
- Preferred: Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, sitting, standing, lifting, climbing and walking.
- Ability to tolerate slight to extreme indoor and outdoor temperatures.
- Ability to endure varied noise levels from moderate to loud.
- Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.