Under the direction of department managers the Lead Activities Coordinator will provide support services and manual direct care labor to individuals with severe and multiple disabilities. Assist with the development and implementation of individual support plans as part of a day habilitation placement for people with severe disabilities. Provide training and performance coaching for Activities Coordinators in the provision of services to assigned individuals.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide personal care support for individuals served and the daily coordination of Activities Coordinators.
- Provide department specific training/mentoring for all new employees and continuing training/mentoring for current employees.
- Conduct daily team huddles to solicit feedback, answer questions, and communicate relevant information to Activities Coordinators.
- Provide managers with information regarding staff performance.
- Required to read service and habilitation plans for all individuals served in the program to assure each individual is receiving their proper care according to their plan(s).
- Assist individuals toward the achievement of their individual goals and to perform and participate in daily scheduled activities and collaborate with Case Managers as needed.
- Ensure proper documentation is complete (i.e. ID notes, communication logs, schedules, incident reports and time matrix).
- Responsible for maintaining records (i.e. monthly calendar, daily activities, active treatment, scheduling, community outings and reporting volunteer hours).
- Maintain the compliance of staff/client ratio.
- Ensure equipment is clean and functioning. Maintain clean and safe work environment. Anticipate safety needs for all individuals and staff and report any and all issues or concerns to department managers as soon as possible.
- Comply with all Federal, State (Desert Regional Center) and local regulations and requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Submit driving logs, reporting any issues or concerns to managers regarding vehicle keys and cell phone for outings.
- Attend Individual Support Plan (ISP) meetings.
- Report suspected Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation (ANE) within 24 hours as mandated by state law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Ability to care, respond and work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Computer literate
- Ability to complete required documents (i.e. ID Notes and Incident Reports).
- Must possess social discernment to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Two (2) years verifiable work experience as direct support/care staff in related field (i.e. health care, adult day care, mental health or special education).
Required: Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certification is required or the ability to supply certification within 30 days of hire.
Required: Current Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification is required or must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, sitting, standing, lifting and walking.
- Ability to tolerate stress.