Under the direction of the Magical Forest Operations Supervisor, the Scenic Laborer is responsible for assisting with general park maintenance, and scenic remodel projects for the Magical Forest, HallOVeen and Opportunity Village Events. The Scenic Laborer will assist with set design, repairs, painting, including building and installation of sets, and lighting. This position is temporary and valid for 90 days.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of individuals and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with scenic design projects to maintain the highest level of quality. (I.e. carpentry, painting and fabrication.
- Work with power tools, carpentry/metal projects, sanding, painting, assembly, wrapping, and crating
- Help build scenic elements for all events.
- Promote excellent customer service for all customers internal and external.
- Drive company vehicle to pick up orders, parts, and supplies to complete work requests.
- Load and unload trucks to return the product to inventory.
- Provide general maintenance assistance with special events and fundraising activities.
- Participate in all matters regarding the safety of persons and property at all facilities and special functions.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with ride maintenance on all rides.
- Maintenance of Magical Forest event areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers, and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Ability to respond and work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle, operate an Ariel Lift, Fork Lift, and ability to become proficient and certified in operating material moving equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools competently and safely.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Forklift certification within 90 days of hire.
- Required: Valid Driver License and clean driving history.
- Preferred: Preferred: Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Frequent bending, sitting, standing, lifting, climbing, and walking.
- Ability to climb in excess of 20 feet.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat or cold).
- Ability to endure varied noise levels from moderate to loud.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and examine documents, records, and files.
- Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.