Under the direction of the Senior Facilities Manager the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance, repair and remodel projects for all Opportunity Village facilities and equipment. The Maintenance Technician will perform maintenance and repairs for electrical, plumbing, equipment, building, painting, and preventive maintenance and general maintenance for the magical forest including installation of displays and lighting.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of individuals and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general building maintenance (i.e. carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, mechanical systems (HVAC and central plant) and landscaping).
- Responsible for preventive maintenance (PM) at all campuses including magical forest as scheduled and according to specifications on the PM task list.
- Diagnose and repair air conditioning/heating systems.
- Conduct small and industrial equipment repairs on facility maintenance equipment.
- Promote excellent customer service for all customers internal and external.
- Drive company vehicle to pick up orders, parts and supplies to complete work requests.
- Provide general maintenance assistance with special events and fundraising activities.
- Participate in all matters regarding the safety of persons and property at all facilities and special functions.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Ability to respond and work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle, operate an Ariel Lift, Fork Lift and ability to become proficient and certified in operating material moving equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools competently and safely.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of verifiable work experience in a facilities maintenance capacity repairing electrical, plumbing, mechanical and general maintenance; including three (3) years of air conditioning experience, with knowledge of risk management and work place safety guidelines.
- Required: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) certification or the ability to obtain these certifications within six (6) months of hire.
- Required: Forklift certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Required: Valid Nevada Driver License and a clean driving history and must be able to complete and pass the Smith’s Driving Training course administered by Opportunity Village.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Frequent bending, sitting, standing, lifting, climbing and walking.
- Ability to climb in excess of 20 feet.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions (i.e. extreme heat or cold).
- Ability to endure varied noise levels from moderate to loud.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and examine documents, records and files.
- Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.