The Job Discovery Program (JDP) Training Instructor will be responsible for the provision of training and advocacy support for Clark County School District (CCSD) students enrolled in the Job Discovery Programs. This position will work closely with all members of the assessment team, job developers, managers, supervisors, Clark County School District staff and parents/guardians to support each student towards achievement of their goals.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible of providing training to students providing guidance, feedback and insight as to how job tasks might be completed in a more effective and efficient manner.
- Provide assistance with job-specific challenges that may be present.
- Identify and support student’s short-term and long-term career goals.
- Communicate, coordinate and coach students of the training and assessment team, job developer, Voc Rehab, Desert Regional Center, Clark County School District and parents/guardians.
- Responsible for working with students to expand and enhance their job readiness in preparation for more lucrative employment within the Agency or employment in the “real-world” setting.This includes assistance with resume preparation; assistance with job search, completion of job applications; job interview training; and attending job fairs with students.
- Responsible for networking and maintaining a professional positive relationship with the community site to expand existing lines of training sites as well as cultivate new opportunities/choices for student who desire to obtain work experience for a competitive employment.
- Prepare all necessary documentation including but not limited to, department monthly reports; incident reports; ID notes; weekly training reports; daily attendance.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment; confidence in decision-making skills.
- Good coaching and work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to network and establish relationship within and outside the agency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma
- Required: Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Required: Two (2) years of verifiable work experience or education in special education or related field.
- Required: A valid Nevada Driver’s License and reliable transportation and ability to operate a 10-passenger van.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment.
- Ability to tolerate stress.
- Ability to conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and examine documents, records and files.