This is a high visibility role, managing relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders including OV Board Members, a loyal base of OV donors, celebrity and community partners. Working in a collaborative management and servant-leadership culture, the VP of Philanthropy leads a team of talented fundraising professionals and reports directly to CEO.
This position is based in our Las Vegas headquarters and requires occasional travel. Executive compensation for this role includes a competitive, performance-based compensation package and a generous benefits program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate and manage a high-volume, sensitive portfolio of principal gift donor prospects (with individual giving capacity up to and beyond $50+M)
- Leads development of an innovative, balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will attract, retain and motivate donors.
- Designs and delivers cost-effective fundraising programs, employing economy while maintaining a high level of quality and demonstrable return on investment.
- Forecasts and achieves annual goal setting (overall and specific targets on fundraising ladder), strategy and tactics identification, benchmarking and evaluation of fundraising work.
- Ensures sound fiscal operation of fundraising function, including comprehensive, timely and accurate settlement of donations to revenue and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring, variance analysis and implementation. Prepares accurate and timely summary of initiative revenues, expenses and net revenue.
- Regularly evaluates the effect of internal and external forces on the organization and its fund development, implements short-and long-range plans and programs that support the organization’s mission, vision, core values and strategic goals.
- Coordinates with the grant writing staff to ensure development of grant submissions to foundations, corporations, governmental agencies and other potential funders.
- Ensures design and maintenance of donor, volunteer and prospect records, gift management systems and informational reports.
- Oversees legacy program and identification and cultivation of planned gifts.
- Fosters a culture of creative philanthropy enterprise-wide and ensures fund development supports the culture of Opportunity Village and is consistent with its mission, vision, core values, strategic goals, systems and policies and procedures.
- Displays leadership through departmental management, and develops cohesive and collaborative relationships throughout the OV community. Directs development team to create fundraising and marketing strategies, grant development, and meet annual fundraising goals.
- Plans, coordinates and assures implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the organization. Assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development, including but not limited to donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and donor recognition. Maintains accountability and compliance for donors and funding sources.
- Develops measurable performance metrics, monitor results and regularly brief leadership on the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development strategies.
- Proven track record of cultivating and managing a high-level portfolio of principal gift donor prospects.
- 10+ years of leadership-level experience in comparable role within an established non-profit organization.
- Strategic vision for all aspects of development campaigns, including solicitation of major gifts, planned giving and corporate or foundation prospects.
- Highest-level communication, relationship-building and presentation skills.
- Oversight of multi-campus development activities and signature special events.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment.
- Ability to tolerate stress.
- Ability to conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and examine documents, records and files.