Under the direction of the Bakery Supervisor, the Baker Helper will perform a variety of semi-skilled Bakery related duties as assigned in compliance with the policies and procedures of the State of Nevada Health Department as well as Opportunity Village.
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village's organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of the clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs Bakery related duties such as handling bulk ingredients and assisting in bakery production.
- Will work in an environment that is subject to temperature change.
- Able to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Able to relate, communicate and co-operate effectively with staff and public.
- Follow all policies and procedures according to Health Code.
- Work under stressful / time sensitive situations.
- Ensures sanitation and cleanliness meets OV and Health Department standards.
- Report suspected Mistreatment within 24 hours as mandated by state law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Ability to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Must possess social discernment to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors.
- Must be able to work flexible hours along with weekends and holidays for special events.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Southern Nevada Health District policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and six (6) months verifiable work experience in the Food Service industry.
- Required: A Southern Nevada Health Card
- Required: At least 5 years’ experience working in a high volume bakery environment
- Preferred: Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift and move items up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate stress.
- Ability to conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in in a typical kitchen environment around power equipment, very hot conditions in some areas during summer season, slippery floors and dusty areas.
- Manual dexterity to operate kitchen utensils.
- Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of standing, bending, climbing and lifting overhead. Will be on your feet for 90% of the time.