Under the direction of the Logistics Manager the CDL Truck Driver will perform daily local deliveries/pick-ups in the company truck to various locations. The CDL Driver will also be responsible for in house materials (i.e. stack, wrap, label, physical movement of materials/loading and unloading as well as driving and operating forklifts).
Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village’s organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out routine vehicles inspection checks on company vehicles every morning.
- Supervise or help with the loading of company vehicles.
- Check condition and security of the load and that it is securely fastened.
- Follow best practices and safety procedures when goods are being transported
- Check all documentation related to goods being transported by truck or van.
- Drives a tractor, truck or van to make deliveries or pick ups.
- Move materials using a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, or hand carry.
- Prepares goods for transport and storage.
- Assists in the organization of goods stored in the warehouse.
- Assists in obtaining accurate inventory counts of goods stored on company property as well as performing inventory counts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of local transportation routes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Must possess social perceptiveness to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors.
- Ability to care, respond and work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques, relevant transport laws and safe driving skills.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and how to identify hazardous road conditions.
- Knowledge of methods of securing and covering loads, including use of locks, straps and types of knots.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Three (3) years of CDL truck driving experience.
- Required: Local truck driving experience.
- Required: Nevada CDL Drivers License (Class A) with three year clean driving history.
- Required: Forklift certification or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
- Preferred: Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate stress.
- Ability to conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and examine documents, records and files.
- Ability to stand, walk and climb in and out of a truck majority of the work day.
- Frequent bending, standing, lifting.
- Ability to endure all outside weather conditions and high noise levels.