Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager of Service Contracts the Floor Care Custodian will perform a variety of cleaning duties such as: carpet cleaning, pressure washing, hard floor restoration, specialized cleaning and heavy duty cleaning of public restrooms. Must exercise a specialized knowledge of the methods and technique for cleaning carpets, stripping, waxing and polishing a variety of floor surfaces such as wood, marble, linoleum, terrazzo, vinyl and asphalt tile. The Floor Care Custodian will also be required to use electrically-powered equipment for all carpet and hard floor cleaning. Responsibilities may also include performing the full range of assigned custodial duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform floor and carpet maintenance (i.e. pressure washing, sweeping, moping, scrubbing, striping, waxing and polishing).
- Clean windows, walls and ceilings (i.e. vents, window coverings and blinds).
- Maintain and order supply and materials for work assignments.
- Maintain equipment, materials and supplies in proper condition.
- Comply with all material safety data sheets and other safety regulations.
- Perform the other facilities and custodial duties as requested (i.e. sets up and break down meeting rooms and rearrange furniture, etc).
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to read and communicate English effectively with individuals, co-workers, customers and supervisors.
- Ability to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must encompass professional demeanor.
- Must possess social discernment to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving history are required depending on contact location.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year verifiable work experience in the floor care field.
- Required: Valid Nevada Drivers License with a clean annual DMV report and must be twenty one (21) years of age in order to be eligible to drive company vehicles. Must complete and pass the Smith’s Driving Training Course administered by Opportunity Village.
- Preferred: Prior experience with developmentally disabled individuals.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk 90% of the work day.
- Ability to work outdoors in heat and in cold temperatures.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment as well as a work center and community businesses with high level of noise.
- Frequent bending, standing and lifting.