Under the direction of the Custodial Site Supervisor, the Custodian is responsible for keeping assigned buildings clean and in an orderly condition and to perform related general cleaning as required.
ESSENTION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sweep, mops floor, vacuum carpets, washes windows and walls as needed.
- Clean desks, tables and countertops, empty/clean waste receptacles, clean and disinfect restrooms; replenishes and maintains restroom supplies.
- Sweep and removes debris from parking lots.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers and supervisors (verbal and written).
- Ability to care, respond and work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Must encompass professional demeanor and to execute excellent customer service.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in performing custodial duties.
- Ability to interpret instructions, gain knowledge and have initiative.
- Knowledge of custodial operations and building maintenance and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required: One year verifiable work experience in the custodial field.
- Preferred: Prior experience with developmentally disabled individuals.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk 90% of the work day.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment as well as a work center and community businesses with high level of noise.
- Ability to endure and work in indoor and outdoor temperatures.
- Frequent bending, standing and lifting.